I’ve gone through soo many diaper bags, having had 4 babies, and I know what makes an AWESOME diaper bag! It’s IMPERATIVE to have a functional diaper bag because for me, it also doubles as a purse! Not only does it have to be functional, but it has to be stylish too! Check out my 7 reasons why my diaper bag rocks! I’d like to thank Multiwear for sponsoring this blog post today!
Having an all black diaper bag is AWESOME because it will match with anything! So no matter what outfit or pattern you’re wearing, it will always look good. Secondly, it’s a gender neutral colour. So if dad is out and about with the kiddos, daddy won’t mind carrying it around!
My kids are HEAVY enough! My 2 year old is SO HEAVY now, so I don’t need to be lugging around an even heavier diaper bag!
IT’S GOT TONS OF POCKETS INSIDE AND OUTSIDE
For a diaper bag, you can never get enough pockets! You need extra pockets for little toys, tissues to wipe runny noses, pacifiers, bottles, extra clothes, wallets, phones, and WHATEVER you decide to stuff in your diaper bag! Pockets keep your bag organized so you can easily find all those little items.
IT’S GOT 2 ADJUSTABLE STRAPS!
I love it because you can carry it on your arm with the shorter adjustable strap or you can carry it CROSSBODY so you can be handsfree. I’m all about the crossbody bags these days so both my hands are free to run after my crazy toddler!
IT’S GOT NICE SILVER HARDWARE
Like I said, a diaper bag has to be as STYLISH as it is functional. I love the cute and discreet silver hardware. Perfect for a modern mama!
IT’S EASY TO CLEAN
There’s no doubt about it. Kids are messy! Which means they may be getting their dirty little hands on your diaper bag. My diaper bag rocks because the material is easy to clean. All you need is a damp cloth to wipe up those little messes.
IT’S BIG ENOUGH TO FIT EVERYTHING I NEED
I have 2 kids in diapers so my diaper bag needs to be able to carry it all! I need space for 2 different sizes of diapers, extra clothes, sippy cups, baby wipes, snacks and a whole bunch of other stuff! It spacious without being so bulky!
HERE’S MY LIST OF DIAPER BAG ESSENTIALS
- Diapers (of course! LOL!)- at least 3-5
- Pacifier- my 4th child needs a pacifier to soothe him during those long car rides
- extra outfits- at least one set (I like to bring 3 sets sometimes!)
- Diaper changing pad- A must!
- Baby Wipes- of course (my favourite is Kirkland brand from Costco)
- Diaper cream
- hand sanitizer – in case running water isn’t around
- baby lotion- my baby’s skin is super dry!
- formula and baby bottle- for those trips to grandma’s house
- breastfeeding cover- for nursing mums
- large ziplock bags- for wet diapers or wet clothes
- snack container- for when the toddler is hungry on the go
What do you love about your diaper bag and what are your diaper bag essentials?
Let's Be Friends!
Leave me your email so I can say HELLO every once in a while and send you MORE tips on pregnancy and parenting!