We just had to get away after a long and stressful tax season! (Husband is a tax accountant). I told him if he didn’t take a break he would burn out. Even though he “took a week off” he was still answering the phone and taking more work. Although I am super grateful for all the work that’s coming in, we were in desparate need of a family vacation. We decided to take a short road trip to Oregon!
We booked our hotel through booking.com. It was easy to book through this site and I highly recommend it! It just took a few minutes. What I loved about it is that you could cancel your booking without any cancelation fee if you changed your mind as long as you did it before the stated date.
I ended up booking River Inn at Seaside because of the affordable price and the great amenities. It was perfect for a family with young kids!
1. Pool and hot tub
2. Game room: ping pong, foos ball, and darts board
3. Free DVD rentals
4. Free bike rentals upon request
5. Free breakfast
6. Fire pit
Bonus: It’s located right beside a DAIRY QUEEN!!!
Other things I liked:
- nice welcome note in the room from staff
- Keurig coffee machine in each room
- complimentary yoga mat
- fridge and microwave in each room
- the hotel smelled really nice and clean! (this was important to my kids)
- it’s not the four seasons but you get a lot of bang for your buck!
- friendly manager! She was awesome!
- Free taffy in the lobby!
- located right beside a river
- great location- walking distance to shops, restaurants and the beach
If you are looking for an economical, family friendly hotel at Seaside, Oregon, I highly recommend this hotel!
If there’s another hotel that you recommend, let me know in the comments section!